FEATURES OF PORTO SAN GIORGIO MARINA
Located on the central Adriatic coast and perfectly situated for travelling to Croatia, the Porto San Giorgio Marina is designed to offer boating enthusiasts the pleasure of cutting-edge berthing and provides a unique boating experience in complete comfort and safety.
The port layout and the orientation of the entrance (North/North-West) allow the safe entry and exit of boats even in adverse weather conditions. In particular, the layout of the port entrance is designed on mathematical models to substantially reduce wave motion and make transit more comfortable. The distance between the piers allows easy manoeuvring on approach.
The cleanliness of the water in the inner basin of the Marina is ensured by three independent water exchange stations. A complete water exchange takes 18 hours.
The Marina has been a European Community Blue Flag holder since 1987 for the quality of its services and facilities and for the bathing quality of the surrounding waters.
DIMENSIONS AND FEATURES
- BERTHS: 800, ranging from 8 to 50 metres
- FUEL DOCK: 50 metres long, equipped with fenders to protect the sides of vessels during berthing manoeuvres
- PROTECTED WATERS: 140,000 m2
- SHELTERED BASIN AT THE MARINA ENTRANCE: 35,000 m2
- SURFACE AREA: 120,000 m2
- DEPTH OF BERTHS: 3 to 5 metres
- HEIGHT OF NORTH BREAKWATER: 4 metres above mean sea level HEIGHT OF SOUTH BREAKWATER: 5 metres above sea level
- HEIGHT OF PONTOONS AND BERTHS ABOVE MEAN SEA LEVEL: 1.30 - 1.50 metres
- TIDAL RANGE: min. 30 cms/max. 60 cms
- ADVERSE WIND: Northerly
- PORT CABLES AND PIPELINES: 300 km
- RINGS OR BOLLARDS ON PONTOONS AND BERTHS (FIXED AND ANTISEISMIC) FOR DOCKING AND BERTHING
- BOW CATENARY
- DRINKING WATER, ELECTRICITY, TELEPHONE AND TV CONNECTION
PORT ENTRANCE COORDINATES
- Lat. 43° 09’ 48” N
- Long. 13° 49’ 48” E