Jesi

JESI

Built by the Umbri, Jesi stands on a hill on the left bank of the Esino valley. The oldest part of the town remains with its walls, monumental spaces and a number of beautiful squares.

 

To learn more click on the pictures

DA NON PERDERE

The Palazzo Pianetti (18th century)
One of the most outstanding examples of Italian Roccoco art. The wide façade has one hundred windows, while the interior has a noteworthy “giardino all'italiana”. The palace houses city's civic art gallery, with a series of paintings by the Venetian artist Lorenzo Lotto.

The Palazzo della Signoria (1486-98)
Built by Francesco di Giorgio Martini. The angular tower was elevated in 1661. Notable is the interior courtyard, with two orders of loggias, partially designed by Andrea Sansovino from 1519.

The Palazzo Balleani (1720)
An example of local Baroque architecture, designed by Francesco Ferruzzi. The façade has a characteristic balcony supported by four atlases. The interior has precious gilted stucco decoration.

The 14th century walls
Built following the line of the Roman ones and mostly rebuilt in the 15th century by Baccio Pontelli and Francesco di Giorgio Martini. Six towers remain today.

OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST

The Church of San Marco (14th century)
Just outside the historical centre, it was erected in Gothic style in the 13th century. The interior has a nave and two aisles, with a 14th century fresco of Rimini's school.

The Palazzo Ricci (1547)
The diamond-like bricks of the façade are inspired to the famous Palazzo dei Diamanti in Ferrara.

The Cathedral (13th -15th)

Teatro Pergolesi (1790)

The church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (15th century)

The 13th century Church of San Nicolò

The convent of San Floriano (18thcentury)